Basmati rice – 1cup cooked with 1 1/2 cup of water
Sliced onions – 2
Sliced red capsicum – 1/2 cup
Sliced green capsicum – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1tbsp
Ghee – 1tbsp
Bay leaves – 1
Shajeera – 1/8 tsp
Cloves – 4
Cardamon – 2
Cinnamon – 2
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Everest kitchen king masala – 1tsp
Salt – 1tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Cook rice with 1 1/2 cups of water in such a way that the grains are separated. Cool it. keep it aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Fry shahjeera, cloves, cinnamon, cardamon and bay leaves for half a minute.
- Add finely sliced onions and saute till it turns transparent.
- Now add the sliced green capsicum, red capsicum and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute on high flame till the capsicums are slightly cooked and raw smell goes off.
- Do not over cook as the capsicums should be crispy and not soggy. Add Everest kitchen king masala, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Now add cooked rice to the capsicum masala, mix well and serve hot.
Don’t over cook the capsicums, let the capsicums retain their crunchy texture.