Telagapindi – 1cup
Onions – 2 medium size cut into small chunks
Green chillies – 4 slit
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Jaggery – 1/4 cup
Water- 1 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Chopped onions – 1/4 cup for serving
*Grind it to a powder
Coriander seeds – 1 1/2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Dry red chilli pieces – 1/3 cup [ adjust according to your taste ]
Oil – 1/4 cup
Peeled garlic – 1/4 cup [ adjust according to your taste]
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
*This recipe was handed down to me by my mother in law.
- In a mixie jar, grind coriander seeds and cumin seeds into a powder. Then add red chillies and grind it to a coarse powder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add peeled garlic. Fry on low flame till the garlic becomes light brown in colour.
- Then, add cumin seeds and all the remaining ingredients and fry for few seconds.
- Then, add chopped onions and green chillies. Mix well. Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Fry for 3 to 4 minutes and add masala powder. Cover and cook on low flame till onions are transparent.
- Then, add telagapindi powder and fry on low flame for 3 minutes.
- Add milk, water and mix well . Cover and cook till the water evaporates.
- Fry on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add jaggery powder.
- Cover and cook on low flame till the jaggery absorbs into the curry.
- Mix in intervals. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes on low flame .
- Switch off the flame and serve with raw onion pieces.