Rice – 2 cups
Atukulu – 1 cup [ poha]
Urad dal – 1/2 cup
Fenugreek seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil and ghee – Mix 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp ghee and keep it aside
- Set dosa is known for its softness and sponginess.
- Wash and soak rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds for 5 hours.
- Wash and soak atukulu for 1 hour.
- Drain off the water from rice and urad dal mixture and atukulu.
- Transfer all items to the mixi or wet grinder with 1/4 cup of water.
- Grind to a smooth paste using water. Transfer it to a bowl . Add salt and mix well.
- Ferment in a warm place for 8 hours. After 8 hours, mix gently and keep it aside.
- In case the batter looks too thick, add some more water. Heat an iron tawa and spread some oil lightly.
- The tawa has to be medium hot. Pour ladle full of batter and spread out in a circular motion slightly thicker than regular dosa.
- Pour 1/2 tsp oil and ghee mixture around the edges. Cover and roast the dosa till it turns golden brown from the bottom and completely cooked from the top.
- Serve with coconut chutney and chicken pulusu.
If you want ragi set dosa, mix 3 tbsp ragi flour and 2 tbsp of water to 1 cup of batter.