Moong dal – 1cup[ pressure cook with 3 cups of water]
Onions – 2 cut into 2 pieces
Green chillies – 4 slit
Tomatoes – 4 cut into 4 pieces
Bottle gourd pieces – 15 pieces [ optional]
Salt – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped ginger – 1 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 4tbsp
Water – 4 1/2 cups
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 8 cloves mashed
Dry red chilli pieces – 8
Curry leaves – few
- Wash and boil moong dal with 3 cups of water. Cook on high flame for 1 whistle.
- Reduce flame to low and cook for 7 to 8 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Allow the pressure to release and blend it to a paste. Add onions ,green chillies, bottle gourd pieces, tomatoes ,salt , mashed ginger, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Add 3 cups of water and pressure cook on high flame till you get 1 whistle.
- Reduce the flame to low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Allow the pressure to release. Heat oil and ghee in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter and add all the remaning ingredients one by one.
- Fry for few seconds and pour the boiled dal mixture over the talimpu.
- Cover with lid for 5 seconds. Remove the lid and add 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of water and lemon juice.
- Bring to boil on medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes and switch off the flame.