Whole wheat [godumalu] – 1 cup
Urad dal – 1/2 cup
Raw rice – 1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee and oil for frying
Finely chopped onions – 1 medium size
Finely chopped ginger – 1 to 2 tbsp
Finely chopped green chillies- 1 to 2 tbsp
Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Wash godumalu, urad dal, rice and fenugreek seeds well. Soak in water for 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain and grind to make a smooth batter using 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water. Add salt and mix well.
- Set aside to ferment for 5 hours. Just before making dosas, add little water if necessary.
- Heat dosa tawa. Pour a ladle of batter into the centre of tawa. Spread quickly using the ladle.
- Sprinkle onions, green chillies, ginger and coriander leaves. Drizzle oil and ghee.
- Cook on high flame for 30 to 40 seconds, then cook on medium flame to low flame.
- Once the base becomes golden colour or crisp. Take the dosa out onto a plate.
- No need to cook another side. Serve with chutney.