Roasted chana dal – 2cups
peanuts – 1 cup
Cumin seeds -1 1/2 tbsp
Garlic – 15 cloves with out skin
Salt – to taste
Curry leaves – 1/4 cup
Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
A cousin of mine has shared this recipe with me.
- In a wide pan, add peanuts and fry in medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Then add roasted chana dal and cumin seeds and fry on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Cool it and transfer to mixer jar along with required salt and garlic cloves.
- Transfer to a plate and spread it to cool down.
- Heat oil in another pan. Add curry leaves and fry for few seconds and switch off the flame.
- Add red chilli powder and mix well. Keep it aside and cool it.
- Pour the oil masala over the peanut chana dal powder.
- Mix well using two hands. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Transfer it to a glass jar. You can also spread it on dosa and idly.
- You can mix it with water and serve with idly .