Varipindi [ rice flour ] – 2 cups
Curd – 1 1/2 cup for mixing rice flour [sour curd]
Onion – 4 medium size cut into cubes
Green chillies – 8
Finely chopped ginger – 2 tbsp
Finely chopped curry leaved – few
Salt to taste
Cooking soda – a big pinch
Oil for deep frying
- Mash ginger and green chillies in a mortar and pestle to a coarse paste.
- Take a bowl. Add rice flour, onions, curry leaves, salt, cooking soda, ginger and green chilli paste.
- Mix well. Gradually, add curd and mix well and keep it aside.
- If the mixture is too dry, add 1 to 2 tbsp of curd.
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough regulate flame to medium.
- Take a small amount of dough and make small pakodi with your fingers and slide them gently in the oil.
- Fry them on medium flame till they are golden brown. Be patient and use medium heat. Otherwise, the pakodis will fry on the outside and remain raw on the inside.
- Fry them till they become crisp and golden.
- Using slotted spoon remove pakodi from the oil and place them on a kitchen napkin to remove excess oil.
- Continue to make more pakodis in batches with the rest of the dough.
- Serve hot with chinthakaya pachadi.