Raw mango – 1 cup [Peel and grated]
Red chilli powder – 3 tbsp
Sugar – 5 to 6 tbsp
Fenugreek powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Dry red chillies – 6 pieces
Garlic – 6 mashed
Curry leaves – few
Asafoetida- 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add all the remaning ingredients one by one.
- Fry for few seconds and switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Add sugar. Mix well and cool it. After that, add all the remaning ingredients one by one.
- Mix well. Rest it for 2 hours. Mix well and adjust seasoning.
- Goes well with idly and dosa.